Everyone knows how to make a To-Do List. Right?
Many people just make a random list, then start working it from top to bottom.
Here’s the right way, according to the experts
– Write down all the tasks you need to complete.
– Assign a time frame to each task.
– If a task takes more than one hour, break it into components that take one hour or less.
– Assign priorities – from A to F. A is urgent, F is not.
– If you’ve assigned the same letter to most of your tasks, then go back and assign different letters to some of the tasks.
This exercise forces you to priortize!
Now you have a plan. Follow it.
– Tackle the A’s first.
– Use a Time Timer to manage each component of plan.
– Stick to your priorities – and the times you’ve allocated.
– Eventually, you’ll improve your ability to:
Prioritize your tasks
Set the right time frames
– You won’t waste time on trivial tasks.
– You won’t get stressed out by a large number of unimportant jobs.
– You WILL learn to Make Every Moment Count.
Tip: Invest in a Time Timer for your desk. It’s a faithful helper as you follow your plan.