- Slowly wave or hold a hand in front of the two infrared sensors at the top of the face of the timer. It is not necessary to touch the Time Timer WASH to begin timing.
2. The WASH will automatically begin to countdown for a total of 30 seconds:
- Wet hands and apply soap – 5 seconds
- Scrub hands – 20 seconds
- Rinse hands and dry – 5 seconds
3. The WASH has optional audible prompts at the start, end and transitions between steps. To turn off the
transition prompts, press the white button on the top of the WASH until the curved lines icon in the
4. There is also optional music that plays during the 30 second countdown. To turn off the music, press the
white button on the top of the WASH until the musical note icon disappears.
5. To turn off both the transition prompt and the music, press the white button on the top of the WASH until
both icons appear in a circle with a line through the center which indicates silent operation.
6. To stop or start the music or transition prompt while the timer is in operation, press the white button on
the top of the WASH.
7. To stop the timer before the end of the countdown cycle, hold a hand in front of the sensors for 3 seconds.
8. If an object, like a towel, covers the sensors for more than 90 seconds, the WASH will turn off and enter
Sleep Mode. To turn the WASH back on, press the top button once.